Содержание4. Methods of phonetic analysis
2. Aspects and units of phonetics
The auditory (sound-perception) aspect
3. Branches of phonetics
4. Methods of phonetic analysis
1. Spoken and written language
2. Classification of pronunciation variants in English. British andAmerican pronunciation models.
Types and styles of pronunciation
Outline Articulatory classification of English consonants
2. The articulatory classification of English Vowels
1. Definition of the phoneme and its functions
2. Types of allophones and the main features of the phoneme
3. Methods of the phonemic analysis
4. Main phonological schools
1. The system of consonant phonemes. Problem of affricates
1. The notion of alternation and its types
2. Contextual alternations in English
3. Modifications of sounds in English
Modifications of consonants
Modification of vowels
1. Theories on syllable formal ion and division.
2. The structure and functions
1. Nature of word stress
2. Place of word stress in English. Degrees of stress
3. Functions and tendencies of the English
4. Typology of accentual structures
An 'unpolished 'stone
1. Intonation: definition, approaches, functions
2. Components of intonation and the structure of English intonation group.
This bed was not' slept, in
3. The phonological aspect of intonation.
If Mary, comes let me
Didn't you enjoy it?
I don't want you to read anything
Hello sounds more friendly than when pronounced with the low pre-head, cf.: He llo! - O He llo!
Phone him at once, please